When it comes to oral health, one of the ways in which you can avoid gum diseases, such as gingivitis, cavities, and other dental problems, is to practice preventive dentistry.
Preventive dentistry includes taking measures to perfect your at home oral hygiene routine while scheduling regular visits to your dentist to track your oral health and catch any issues at an early stage. This ultimately results in better oral health while avoiding any major and costly treatments down the track.
You know what they say – Prevention is better than a cure, which is why at Brite Dental we believe in the long-term health and financial benefits of preventive dentistry.
Preventive Dental Care Procedures
- Dental Sealants – These are plastic coatings used to fill the tiny grooves in the back of your teeth. They prevent cavities and bacteria from forming.
- X-Rays – With the help of CAT scans, it’s now easier than ever making diagnoses for various dental problems. They reveal symptoms that are not visible to the naked eye.
- Cleanings – A professional clean can only be carried out by your dentist. Removing plaque or tartar isn’t easy at home. Some hard to reach places need to be cleaned with the help of a professional.
- Fluoride – Fluoride makes the teeth stronger, which results in less tooth decay. Fluoride can be found in refreshing tap water, toothpastes and mouthwashes. If you think you might need some extra help in this department your dentist will gladly help with fluoride treatments.
What is considered as Preventive Dental Care?
- One of the best methods is brushing your teeth with fluoridated toothpaste. It is also advisable to change your toothbrush four times a year (every 3 months).
- Flossing is a non-negotiable must. A toothbrush can’t clean all the nooks and crannies between your teeth. Floss at least once a day to clean the whole surface of your teeth.
- You need to have a balanced diet. Your teeth can be protected if you give it the right nutrients. You should avoid a sugary diet and drink a lot of water to maintain a health mouth environment.
- Getting the help of a dentist is one of the best options for preventive dental care. You should visit your dental clinic at least once a year for check-ups to see if there are any problems with your gums or teeth. Why not get a professional clean while you’re there! This routine check-up will help identify if there are any problems at an early stage.
Book a Consultation with Brite Dental
At Brite Dental, our goal is to give you healthier teeth and gums. With our preventive dentistry techniques, we will be able to monitor and maintain your oral health. We offer personalised oral hygiene routines and dietary advice. We also want to make sure that your beautiful smile can be maintained. Through our experience and state-of-the-art equipment, we can detect and intervene any dental problem that might pop up. Schedule an appointment with us today and together, we can improve your smile!