Sometimes only something chocolatey will do, and this recipe ticks all the boxes when you want to indulge a little.
225g dark chocolate finely chopped
1 1/4 cups cake flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
3tbsp cocoa powder
11tbsp unsalted butter
1tsp baking powder
½ cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together, whisking to combine. Remove bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and granulated sugar for five minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and cake flour.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the egg and sugar mixture and mix for a minute before slowly adding the dry ingredients, just mixing until they are incorporated.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion the dough, allowing 3 cm between each cookie. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, then allow to cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes.