We know December is a month when it is harder to stay healthy. Sweet treats seem to be everywhere, and regular routines can fly out of the window during all the festivities. Follow our simple tips on how to be kind to your teeth.
- Stick to your regular oral care routine. Even the busiest elves can find two minutes to brush twice a day and a few minutes for daily flossing. If you are out and about a lot, pack a dental travel kit so you can brush wherever you are.
- Channel your inner Rudolph and reach for the carrots, not the cookies. Fresh veggies are great with yoghurt-based dips or healthy hummus. Satisfy your sweet tooth with fresh seasonal fruits. Top with a dollop of plain Greek yoghurt for additional protein and tooth-friendly calcium.
- Drink water to hydrate and give sugary and calorie-laden fizzy drinks a miss.
- Love playing sports? Don’t forget to wear your mouthguard and protect your pearly whites.
- Don’t forget about us! If you are due for a dental checkup and cleaning or know you need work done, contact Happy Rock Dental to book your appointment. We can check your smile is in great shape for the holidays.