This classic pairing makes a great starter that is perfect for summer. Adding a balsamic reduction and mozzarella balls makes it a little more special.
12g brown sugar
118ml balsamic vinegar
1 cantaloupe melon weighing between 1.2 and 1.3kg
225g fresh mozzarella balls
- Cut the melon in half, remove the seeds, then peel the melon and slice each half into small cubes.
- Wrap each cube with half a slice of prosciutto and secure it with a toothpick.
- Make the balsamic reduction by combining the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan, and heating it until it starts to simmer.
- Turn the heat down to low and continue to cook, occasionally stirring until the sauce thickens, for about seven to ten minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat, pour into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Top each melon and prosciutto with a mozzarella ball and drizzle over the balsamic reduction.
Serves six as a starter