Let’s face it, a missing tooth can really give your confidence a hit.
More often than not, people avoid smiling due to the gaps in their teeth which can be difficult to deal with.
But aside from lowered self-confidence and physical appearance, having missing teeth can also have repercussions on your dental health if left alone. It might cause some of your teeth to shift to compensate for the gap. This could then lead to difficulty in chewing or speaking.
Reasons for Missing Teeth
- Leaving your cavities untreated eventually leads to tooth decay. If it is extensive, then you might have to remove the tooth because it will cause more pain and impaired tooth function.
- Smoking is also a common issue when it comes to missing teeth. Smoking not only affects your lungs but also your oral health.
- If plaque builds up in your gum line, it will destroy your gum tissue which leads to teeth loosening and falling out. This is called periodontal disease or gum disease.
- As you grow older, you’ll be at risk of tooth loss due to the wear and tear of your teeth over time. They won’t be as strong as they used to be.
The 3 Methods for Replacing Missing Teeth
With today’s advances and technology, you can now replace your missing teeth. These three methods are some of the most common ways you can improve your teeth’s overall appearance.
1. Dental implants involve surgery. This is a long-term solution since it is a permanent implant. The procedure will include placing a titanium metal post into your jaw, and then the replacement tooth will be placed on the implant. This process will involve a lengthy time frame. But many people prefer this procedure because of its durability since it can last for many years.
2. Dental Bridges are the best choice if you want to replace several teeth. A bridge will include your replacement teeth that will be fused to a metal frame. It is used to bridge the gap where the missing teeth used to be and are attached to the adjacent teeth.
3. Dentures have different types. You can get complete dentures if you are missing all of your teeth. But, if you need to replace some, you can make use of removable partial dentures. Dentures are also the most cost effective in comparison to the other options.
Consult with Brite Dental
If your missing teeth have been bothering you, we are ready to help at Brite Dental. And if you want to fill the gaps in your teeth, we have a dedicated team of professionals that offer a variety of dental treatments. You can get a consultation with us to know which method might suit you best. Plus, we will make sure that you will have the best experience at our clinic to get the best smile!