This is a great recipe if you are looking for a new and interesting way to cook chicken.
6 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
1 large lemon
¾ cup white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
Thinly sliced shallot
¼ cup toasted, chopped pistachios
225g black seedless grapes
¾ cup Castelvetrano olives, sliced in half
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Use enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the skillet and cook the chicken, skin side down, for about 15 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden. Turn chicken over and cook for another 6-8 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Slice five thin slices from the lemon and add a little more oil to the pan. Cook the lemon slices until caramelised, around a minute on each side. Place on the plate with the chicken.
- Add the shallot to the pan, season with a little salt, and sauté for about five minutes until caramelised. Add the grapes and sauté for another five minutes until the skin blisters.
- Add the white wine vinegar, honey and olives and the juice from the rest of the lemon. Simmer the sauce until the vinegar reduces by half.
- Return the chicken and lemon slices to the pan to heat through, and divide the mixture between four plates.
- Garnish the plates with pistachios, feta cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.