This healthy, tasty breakfast bowl is perfect for brunch.
225g smoked salmon
2 cups washed fresh spinach leaves
½ cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup brown rice
5 small red potatoes cut into quarters
1tbsp chopped parsley
1/8tsp smoked paprika
1tsp lemon juice
- Bring one and a half cups of water to a boil in a saucepan with the rice and a quarter of a teaspoon of salt. Cover and reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes. Allow to rest covered for another 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 225°C and line a baking sheet with foil. Toss the potatoes with the olive oil and salt and pepper and roast on the baking sheet for half an hour, turning halfway through.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and add a little better. Cook the mushrooms until brown, then transfer to a bowl. In the same pan, add a teaspoon of olive oil, then add spinach leaves and cook until just wilted. Season to taste.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a rolling boil and cook the eggs for six minutes. Remove and rinse under cold water before peeling and setting aside.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, paprika and mayonnaise.
- Assemble each bowl with a tablespoon of sauce on the bottom, a quarter of a cup of brown rice and top with spinach, roast potatoes, mushrooms and half the salmon. Slice the eggs and place them on top, and garnish with parsley.