Smiles are a timeless accessory. Research shows that people are most often attracted to those that have the best and confident smiles. That’s why cosmetic dentistry services to treat discoloured, chipped or misaligned teeth have increased in popularity. For those who have missing or damaged teeth, one popular cosmetic dentistry options is dental veneers.
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin, customised shells that are tooth-coloured. They are cemented to the front surface of your teeth, improving the overall appearance of your smile.
The Different Types of Veneers
- Instant – These are premade veneers. You can usually get them during your dental appointment and consultation. They are less expensive, but since they are premade, they can’t be customised matched to your teeth and smile.
- Composite – These are similar to porcelain veneers, but the difference is that the material used is the same as cavity fillings. Dentists usually advise this type for those who have minor chips or gaps in their teeth.
- Removable – These are a recent development and are considered a hybrid of instant and porcelain veneers. They are customised to match your teeth and are removeable. It is also another cost effective option and is an advisable long-term solution for missing or broken teeth.
- Porcelain – These are considered the best type of veneers and are more expensive. They can be fully customised and fit to the size and shade of your teeth and smile. The process involves applying a special cement and curing it with an ultraviolet light to the surface of your tooth.
Instances Where You Can Use Them
- A common example is when you want to improve your smile. If you’re unsatisfied with how your teeth look, you can use them to make it better.
- Veneers are one of the best options when it comes to fixing a chipped or broken tooth. Porcelain veneers can be fully customised to match it to the rest of your teeth.
- You want to brighten your teeth. If whitening products and professional treatments are not giving you your desired results, then veneers are an option. They can cover yellow or brown-stained teeth.
- For irregularly-shaped or misaligned teeth, veneers can help you. It can make your teeth appear straight and even.
- Big or small gaps in your teeth can also be covered. Some people might feel embarrassed because of this, but with veneers, you can achieve a confident full smile.
When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, Brite Dental is one of the best choices in Australia. We offer cosmetic dental treatments, such as veneers, teeth whitening and white fillings, among others. We believe in providing our community with a dental practice that is affordable yet achieves high-quality results. Our service is centered around giving you outstanding service. Our strict standards will give you an assurance that all of our staff and equipment are trained and up-to-date. So, get that flawless Hollywood smile with our help!